CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 3, 2010

Pumpkin Bread or Muffins

Pumpking Bread or Muffins
This recipe will make 2 loaves or 1 loaf, 12 mini muffins & 6 regular sized muffins.

Ingredients:

3c of Sugar, ( I only used 1 3/4 c because I used sweetened apple sauce)
1c Oil ( I used 1/2c of apple sauce & 1/2 oil)
4 Eggs
2/3c Water
1 (15 oz can Pumpkin Puree)
2 tsp Ground Ginger
1 tsp Ground Allspice
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Ground Cloves
2 1/2 c All Purpose Flour
1 c Oats
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1c Chopped Nuts (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F ( 175 Degrees C)
~Lightly grease 2 9 x 5 loaf pans, or muffin tins.

2. In a large mixing bowl combine sugar, oil, (apple sauce) and eggs. Beat until Smooth.
Add water & beat until well blended. Stir in pumpkin puree, ginger, allspice, cinnamon & clove.

3. In a medium bow, combine flour, baking soda, salt & baking powder. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and blend just until all ingredients are mixed. Divide batter between prepared pans.

4. Bake in preheated oven until toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour.



2 comments:

  1. mmm i definitely want to try this recipe! i'll let you know if it turns out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too need to try this one out!
    Hailey has pneumonia and the dots are a little bug that is along for the ride. She is having a terrible time with this and is weak weak weak.
    Anyway I finally have my act together and your cake mixes will be mailed tomorrow...:)
    Hugs! And miss you too :)

    ReplyDelete