CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas & Happy Boxing Day!

Ok so today is the day after Christmas which in Canada is called BOXING DAY!
It's like Black Friday, don't ask me why its the day RIGHT after Christmas and why ppl line up wee hours in the morning to get cheap deals on all sorts of items. Personally I think it's a lil backwards. So I've never partaken in the whole "BOXING DAY" festivities.
So while tons of crazy people are out and about spending more money and getting irritated by crowds and whatever else, I am enjoying a lazy day at home with the kids! It's nice to sit and not have to worry about doing anything..lol....thinking about taking the kids ice skating tomorrow.
Anyways I had a really great Christmas with my WHOLE family.
Mom and I did ALL the cooking as USUAL, and every year mom says...NEXT Christmas we aren't cooking anymore...lol...this year I think my mom actually means that this was our last big Christmas dinner for a while.
When we have guests, we can't sit and relax when we are in the kitchen cooking all the time.
So this New Years dinner will be the first time we are actually going out for dinner.
There will only be 8 of us. I think Chinese Food is what the plan is....not too sure.
It's hard to believe the kids have been home for a whole week already. The time has just slipped way from us! My niece is visiting us from Northern BC, she arrived last Monday and is leaving this Monday so my boys will be sad to see her leave. We've been so busy the kids haven't even had time to call up any friends to play with. My baby turns 7 in 12 more days so I have a bday party to start planning as well...*sigh*..lol...
Anyways I'm outta here for now.
Hope you all had a Merry Christmas & Have a Super New Year in 2010.
Happy Holidays
Hugs, Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bonnie,
    Christmas was really good adn yes we were out shopping on Boxing Day. Hubs never gifts gifts on the 25th. He waits to buy until the 26th so he saves at least 60%. Drives me up the damn wall but he's been doing it for so long I'm used to it by now....as long as there is something from Tim Hortons under the tree for me to open I'm good. This year he forgot that too so absolutely nothing for me under the tree this year.....ugh.

    ReplyDelete