CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Twitter Rocks

I've been on Twitter for about 19 months now and I really enjoy the people I follow.
I follow BH's ( BlockHeads = NKOTB fans) I follow Vancouverites, I Follow Canucks & some other NHL Hockey Fans. Only if they aren't rude about my Canucks. lol...
I also follow Abbotsfordians, Special Needs info like Austim, Aspergers, and Sensory Processing Disorder.
Well in the past 6 months I have won many contests over Twitter. A few prizes I've had to decline such as theatre tickets and event tickets. But the prizes I've been able to claim have been awesome. A Canucks Shirt from Sports Action Lottery, Canucks Open Practice Tickets which I took my oldest boy to on October 3rd. And I also won 2 tix to Fright Nights at the Playland. So hubby and I bought 2 more tix and went Thursday October 21st, with the kiddos as Friday was a professional day. I talked to many people over Twitter saying it was really scary and I shouldn't take my kids which made me rethink this whole thing.  Well we did it anyways... took our boys and didn't regret a thing except the rain and the fact that I didn't realize that Friday was a PROVINCE WIDE Pro D Day so Fright Nights was busier than a mall at Christmas time. WOAH!! The line ups for the available rides were rediculous but not nearly as horrendous as the line ups to the Haunted Houses. INSANE!! No cameras allowed inside the Haunted Houses either. But seriously we waited 40 minutes for one Haunted house just to get to the initial starting area for the line ups and they closed the house down due to too many people.
Having a special needs son who doesn't do well with line ups and having to wait was rough too. He had a sh*t fit and tried to run away on us. So after a couple rides we decided to try another Haunted House line up...it wasn't nearly as long, it was long enough but it sure moved pretty darn fast.  I had a couple young girls I'd guess 18-22 years old behind me pushing me & hitting me with their umbrellas and I was getting pissed off... but I kept my cool.. and stood their and made them wait longer when we had to move... lol... well anyways they ended up being in the haunted house with my family and were screaming like little babies... my kids were laughing at them. My kids are 7 & 11 and weren't scared one bit in this haunted house and laughed sooooo hard at these older girls who ran to catch up to us.... lol... Karma... love it... lol...
Here are a few pics from a couple of events I won.

Canucks Open Practice October 3rd, 2010





Fright Nights at Playland October 21st, 2010


If you haven't tried out Twitter yet. Give it a try and follow local peeps to win local prizes.
Hugs, Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment