CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Apple Butternut Squash Soup

Apple Butternut Squash Soup

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 butternut squash (2 lb./900 g each), peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
3-4 medium Gala Apples or Apples of your choice.
1 onion, chopped
2 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. Ground AllSpice
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
20 fl oz/600 mL each sodium reduce chicken broth
1/2 cup light sour cream, divided

Directions:

Add all ingredients in a baking pan and bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until squash is tender.

Add in batches, to food processor; or blender and process until smooth. Place in saucepan; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.

Spoon soup into bowls. Add 1 Tbsp. sour cream to each; swirl gently with spoon.

NOTE:

For a thinner soup, add more chicken broth or some water until of desired consistency.

CHILLED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
Prepared as directed; cool. Refrigerate in airtight container until ready to serve.

Omit apples if you just want the Butternut Squash taste..

2 comments:

  1. And how did they taste?? Which is your favourite?? I am having trouble with the apple part in the first recipe but I bet it tastes great right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had just butternut squash soup before. So I can't compare but the apple butternut squash soup was good. I'm not a squash person but I did enjoy this soup. It wasn't too sweet. You can also just saute all the stuff in a pan until soft if you don't want to take the time to roast them.

    ReplyDelete